Meet Dr. Basil
Anthony J. Basil, DDS
Orthodontics is a truly amazing and rewarding profession. It is my goal to care for the entire person, not just their smile. This means I take the time to get to know each patient personally and build relationships with them and their families. I truly care about each and every patient, and I look forward to making your orthodontic experience the best it can possibly be.
Education and Experience
One of the best things about being an orthodontist is being able to give back to the community where I was raised. I attended Grimsley Senior High School, and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I then earned my Doctorate of Dental Surgery at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Go Tar Heels!
Following dental school I completed my specialty training in Orthodontics at Washington Hospital Center and Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, DC. While in our nation’s capital, I served as a member of Children’s National Medical Center craniofacial team where I received advanced training in treating complex craniofacial anomalies.
An important aspect of offering exceptional orthodontic care is keeping up with the newest, most advanced technology. I continue my education through many organizations and stay involved with the greater orthodontic and dental communities through memberships with the:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Cleft Palate Craniofacial Association
- American Board of Orthodontics, Board Eligible
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- International Association of Dental Research
- American Association of Dental Research
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
Honors and Awards
- Graduated with Highest Honors from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry
- Turner Research Award from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for research in lingual braces
- International College of Dentists Award for research significant to the contribution of clinical orthodontics, “Speech Adaptation to Lingual Braces”
- United States Coast Guard Honorable Discharge
- Awarded National Defense Medal United States Coast Guard
- Awarded Humanitarian Medal United States Coast Guard
Outside the Office
My wife, Wendy, and I are proud to call High Point, NC our home. When I’m not spending time with my family and small flock of animals which includes two horses, two dogs, and three cats, I enjoy playing and watching just about every sport, and most of all, pulling for the Heels!
American Association of Orthodontists®
On this site, you can learn about orthodontic specialists in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental and facial irregularities. The correction of tooth and jaw alignment results in a healthy, attractive smile that’s good for life.