Anthony J. Basil, DDS
Orthodontics is a truly amazing and rewarding profession. It is my goal to care for the entire person, not just their smile. This means I take the time to get to know each patient personally and build relationships with them and their families. I truly care about each and every patient, and I look forward to making your orthodontic experience the best it can possibly be.
Education and Experience
One of the best things about being an orthodontist is being able to give back to the community where I was raised. I attended Grimsley High School, and served in the United States Coast Guard after graduation. Service is important to me; following my honorable discharge, I knew I wanted to go into a field in which I could improve the lives in my community.
I attended the University of North Carolina at Greensboro for my undergraduate studies, and then earned my Doctorate of Dental Surgery at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Go Tar Heels!
Following dental school, I completed my specialty training in orthodontics at Washington Hospital Center and Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C. While in our nation’s capital, I served as a member of Children’s National Medical Center craniofacial team, during which I received advanced training in treating complex craniofacial anomalies.
An important aspect of offering exceptional orthodontic care is keeping up with the newest, most advanced technology. I continue my education through many organizations and stay involved with the greater orthodontic and dental communities through memberships with the:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics, board eligible
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- International Association for Dental Research
- American Association for Dental, Oral, and Craniofacial Research
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
Honors and Awards
- Graduated with highest honors from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry
- Turner Research Award from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for research in lingual braces
- International College of Dentists Award for research significant to the contribution of clinical orthodontics: “Speech Adaptation to Lingual Braces”
- United States Coast Guard honorable discharge
- Awarded National Defense Medal, United States Coast Guard
- Awarded Humanitarian Medal, United States Coast Guard
Outside the Office
My wife Wendy and I are proud to call High Point home! We love this great state and all it has to offer. We have three wonderful children and love spending time together at their many activities and sporting events. We have a small farm and enjoy the outdoor work! We love running, hiking, and biking, and I enjoy playing and watching just about every sport, and most of all, pulling for the Heels!